My God, the things we writers research!
I caught myself today looking up mid-Victorian era menstrual hygeine. I had to stop for a moment and wonder ‘am I really looking up how women in olden days managed their periods? Yup, sure am!’
This got me thinking about some of the other things I’ve researched recently, such as:
- How long after sunset will it be before a full moon is visible?
- What does chewing tobacco taste like?
- How does a Nalusa Falaya stalk its prey?
- Cajun exclamations
- More synonyms!
- Foibles of time travel
- How was woolen clothing made in colonial times?
- And, of course, yet more synonyms.
What about you? Anything weird and wonderful you’ve researched recently that’s made you think, ‘I’d better wipe this browser history when I’m done…’