Hi, I’m an INFJ… and I suck at math.
I’m not talking about complex math or even algebra, calculus or trigonometry. No, I mean simple addition. Let me give you an example…
Demand + Supply + Return On Investment = one depleted and frustrated INFJ.
I’ll break this down.
- “Come out to this party/event/social gathering”
- “Please could you just do x, y, z for me?”
- “I know you’re busy but…”
- “Sure I can do that because I’m an INFJ and saying yes means more than my sanity.”
- “Absolutely I can do x, y, z because I’m an INFJ and I don’t know how to say no.”
- “Yes, I am insanely busy but I’ll make myself extra stressed and do this for you. Why? Because that’s what we do.”
+ Return on Investment
- “Oh hi… I really need your help with x, y, z and seeing as I helped you that time I thought you might return the favour?” “No. I’m a different Type and I have no problem saying No.”
- *Sitting at the social event patting the dog, looking at phone, trying not to look at watch* “Oh aren’t you glad you came now?” *grins through lying teeth* “Yeah!”
= one depleted and frustrated INFJ
So. There you have it. INFJ’s suck at addition. After soooo many times of coming across the above mathematical equation, we still. can’t. get. it. right.
*If you’d like to know more about INFJs or the Myers Briggs Personality Types follow this link.