And the winner is…
The very sweet Renata has just nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Renata is a Brazilian bombshell who likes to spread a healing message to women suffering from anxiety and depression. Her inspiring Mulheres & Mentes (that’s Women & Minds to the English folk) seeks to discuss the beauty and battles women face every single day of their lives.
Moving on to the award…
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“The ‘Mystery Blogger Award‘ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious [oh my!] posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates [I do hope so :)]. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion [Yes!]” ~ Okoto Enigma.
How Does it Work?
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate up to 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Facts about myself, Jessica Bakkers:
- I always use Jessica when I’m being professional, but I actually hate it. I’m Jess to my friends!
- I have depression and generalised anxiety disorder.
- I have a degree in Social Welfare but I don’t want to work with people anymore.
1) What is your favorite quote?
Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray. – Rumi
2) What is your favorite childhood memory?
Walking to the nearby shop for a bag of lollies or treat after dinner with my whole family. Cracking jokes and laughing along the way.
3) What was the best birthday gift you’ve ever received?
Ash from Army of Darkness action figure.
4) What is your favorite book and why?
Dragons of Autumn Twilight (of the Dragonlance saga) because it got me into fantasy, writing and reading.
5) What makes you the proudest about yourself?
I guess having done some good in the human services industry before leaving.
My Favorite Post
I think my favourite post has to be Staying Strong in the Face of Rejection, which I didn’t even write for my site! It was a guest post on Mohamad Al Karbi, but this post has received feedback from so many people saying it helped them, that I have to nominate it as my favourite post.
The award is a way of putting our work as bloggers out there and getting to know other people. Therefore, you are totally free to accept participating in it or not. That’s happened before and there were no hard feelings. So, relax. If you do wish to do it, put a link to your challenge down below.
- Adam at https://writet.wordpress.com/
- Hansen at https://25000lightyears.wordpress.com/
- Tetiana Aleksina at https://unbolt.me/
- Ipuna at https://ipunablack.com/
- Nicolle of https://storiesofahsi.wordpress.com/
- Man at https://manpoetryblog.wordpress.com/
- Michael at https://80smetalman.wordpress.com/
- Ellen at https://notesfromtheuk.com/
My Questions For You:
1) What is your favourite word and what does it mean?
2) What has been the happiest moment in your life?
3) Why did you name your blog what you named it?
4) What is your great goal in life?
5) Hero, villain or anti-hero? Which are you?